Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A couple of Naked 3 looks

I recently purchased Urban Decay Naked 3 and really enjoy it. When I first heard that it would be rose-gold in tone, I was really excited as I am all about the pink tones. Turns out I was right! For reference, my skin tone is NC35-37-ish with olivey yellow tones, but I cannot for the life of me tell if I'm a warm or cool yellow as I feel like I can pull off both warm and cool colors. Perhaps a neutral? Anyway, on to the looks!

For the first one, I used Limit all over, Buzz for the outer half, Strange to highlight, Burnout in the inner corner, and Darkside to wing out around the lashline. Unfortunately my camera won't capture a lot of these subtleties. I also used Guerlain Noir G mascara and Essence London Baby to tightline.



For the second one, I used Nooner as an all-over base shade, Trick on outer lid, blended up, Mugshot on inner lid, Dust on middle of lid, Blackheart to wing out shadow just above outer lashline. (Yes, I have predictable placement. :P) Also used Kat von D Autograph pencil in Immortal Love for upper lashline, UD Mushroom liner for lower lashline (I know this doesn't match tone-wise, but I really like it on my lower lashline and wanted to play with it more), and Guerlain Noir G mascara.



All in all, it's a fairly subtle palette, at least on my skintone, as the rosiness is not overpowering. I like that there is a nice mix of finishes and that the shimmery shades aren't too frosty, a complaint of which UD is often guilty. I just wish a few shades were a little less glittery, like Dust, but I'm very happy with this product.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Naked 3 EOTDs, I hope you're enjoying it as much as I do. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs back* I am definitely loving it! Hope to see more looks from you. :)

      Delete