Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tom Ford Orchid Haze and Silvered Topaz Quads

Thanks again to the lovely and awfully persuasive ladies over at MUA, I ventured into the wild world of Tom Ford. As his cosmetics line is not available anywhere near me (though his delicious fragrances, thankfully, are *swoons at the very thought of Tobacco Vanille*), I bit the risky bullet and ordered from Nordstrom, hoping that I'd like them. Reviews of his eyeshadow quads were mixed from the beginning but had improved as he introduced new palettes, so I felt that I needed to see for myself.

First up we have Orchid Haze:



Though it looks very rosy in the pan, those tones are muted down on my skin, especially depending on the placement I use. I would call it a neutral palette with a slightly rosy edge and find it imminently wearable. It is, after all, the number one candidate for my wedding eyeshadow right now. :)

Second is Silvered Topaz:



I was apprehensive about this one at first because it seemed fairly cool-toned in online swatches that I'd seen, and I wasn't sure if I could pull off something so silver-based. However, once I received it and swatched, I was astonished by the fact that the color story seemed extremely similar to one of my favorite Suqqu quads, Ginbudou, with the gold glitter (it's hard to see the sparkly particles in the above swatch, but I assure you that it's a very smooth glitter), the silver shade, and the darker plum. Does this mean either will get purged? The answer is a vehement "NO!" for as any beauty junkie would tell you:



But, of course, do as I say, not as I do; I am extraordinarily weak-willed when it comes to purging. I am more than due for a blogsale, though, if I ever get my lazy bum out of this chair. *crotchety grumble*

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, I've been wanting Orchid Haze for forever. I put it in my cart at Nordstrom, but by the time I'd decided to buy, it was already out of stock. I hope they can get their Tom Ford inventory issues sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same thing happened to me! I ended up ordering from Neiman Marcus because I just couldn't wait any longer. (Patience is not my strong point, lol.)

      Delete
  2. KEEP ALL THE PURPLES!
    I do so love rosy tones on you and am not surprised OH is in the running for le wedding makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear. :*** I do not possess the color knowledge to explain why rosy tones are so alluring to me and seemingly flattering to my skintone. XD

      Delete
  3. You have beautiful swatches koushi! Not helping me resist the TF quads ;) They look so sparkly and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I gave in to the lems because they really are very impressive! Silky and smooth, nom nom!

      Delete
  4. Aims to legalize sports betting in Maryland - KTNV
    An estimated 80 percent of Maryland voters and two-thirds of 이천 출장마사지 their representatives approved 통영 출장샵 authorizing sports betting 나주 출장마사지 in 태백 출장샵 the state 안동 출장샵 are now in favor of

    ReplyDelete